We are a professional development network of facilitators, trainers, coaches and Organizational Development (OD) professionals, from across New England. We are internal and external consultants, working to build effective leaders, teams and organizations. Our mission is to learn and promote interactive models of facilitation and participatory process. We are interested in topics such as leadership development, change management, team building and group process. Recent programs include: Merging Cultures, Graphic Facilitation, Team Coaching, Handling Difficult-to-Discuss Issues, Virtual Facilitation.
The unique value of the BFR is the collegial and welcoming community that we have built. We thrive on fun, interactive workshops and an active communication forum. The BFR has an embarrassment of riches in our skilled members who share generously of their knowledge and expertise. Since 2001 we have grown from a small group of about 200 people to a dynamic network of 800+ people. We are committed to inclusion and to delivering high value. Come see for yourself!BFR's NEW MEMBERSHIP MODEL
If you have benefited from participating in the BFR list serve, we invite you to honor that value by signing up for membership. Here are some of the reasons people have given for signing up as BFR members:
‘I’ve gotten several projects, or a job, from BFR postings.’
‘I received valuable advice from BFR members that allowed me to better design and facilitate a workshop.’
‘I promptly received a wonderful set of responses from the incredible BFR network in response to my inquiry.’
Responses to the Membership Model - April 2013
Thanks to everyone who responded to our survey. Herewith selected comments from BFR members about the new model:
• I trust you and feel us stunningly well supported as a community.
• BFR is still the best value around. Kudos to the board for helping this organization grow and sustain its quality and value.
• Bravo! It would be criminal to let this marvelous group and its endeavors lose momentum due to lack of resources. Your pricing couldn't be more reasonable - just hope it's enough!
• This proposal demonstrates exactly why I love the BFR community so much: real thought and attention, committed to gathering full participation and input; care and concern in action.
• BFR is such a great value and I think has been woefully under-priced, which is good news/bad news.
• I am happy to pay per year and would suggest another category for 'leaders' who want to support at a higher level ($100/year).
Watch our Slideshow!
Calendar of Events
Storytelling Lab 06/25/13 BFR Come tell your story and get valuable impact that will maximize your story's impact!
Inspiration and practices from the best of TED! 07/16/13 BFR TED talks are amazing learning opportunities, for us as facilitators and to share with our clients. How can we leverage these talks to support and propel ourselves and our clients towards our goals?
Team Coaching with Alexander Caillet 09/06/13 BFR This is a continuation of an excellent session that we had with Alexander in fall 2012. Details & Registration coming in August.
The BFR has a No-Marketing policy, which helps us preserve the collegial culture that we've built. Members ask that we not market our services to one another. Paying members can however promote your program in the BFR monthly calendar, for which Sharon Kalus solicits submissions every month by email. Thanks Sharon!